What We Do
Synergyneering: what is it?
It is a synergy of efforts taken by all construction project participants, as delivered by the digital era engineering.
It is a comprehensive solution for all stages, from designing to operation, throughout the facility life cycle, via BIM, Building Information Modeling.
It means new project management quality, cost-cutting and acceleration at each work stage.
Engineering has traditionally meant addressing special process objectives. Both communications and technical problems have always been inherent in construction. A contractor and a designer were not always able to find a common approach to overcoming collisions. And cost estimates inflated.
INTERTEST is a competent management company that integrates all special and local solutions in a single project, due to new information environment tools. Technologies facilitate eliminating the occurring collisions and remedying at an early project stage, coordinating facility construction and subsequent operation via a virtual model. Construction facilities become increasingly more complex exponentially. But for BIM technologies, modern buildings and structures cannot be constructed, with detailed elaboration of projects and use of advanced materials.
In the environment where every subsequent stage depends on the previous one, later stage decision-making may necessitate amendments to earlier decisions. We apply the technology of information simulation and parametrical linking of both the elements being designed and the environment conditions to monitor and review such relations in project data.
INTERTEST professionals create a digital counterpart of the facility, an inimitable and colorful BIM model in the real time. Landscapes elaborated by our master plan developers are combined with façade solutions, the reliability and processability of which are secured by a high level of detail and by comparing among an array of options for both individual assemblies and the entire architectural and spatial composition.
Synergyneering & Simulation
Intertest services at all construction stages
At the project beginning, the facility’s architectural and landscape layout should be taken into account, material delivery, facility erection and operation costs should be estimated (Master Plan and hybrid integrated circuit). The territory under construction is reviewed based on its cadastral data, water discharge volume and direction, and existence of environment conservation areas.
- Architectural & landscape, infrastructural and logistical analysis
- Monitoring of the construction site, warehouses and the land movement index map
- Use of laser scanning, drones and orthophotogrammetry
Intertest offers comprehensive solutions that ensure security of construction and subsequent operation of buildings and structures in difficult geological conditions. The insight by our professionals into geomechanical processes, in difficult landslide-prone reliefs in particular, underlies the foundation designs. The designs account for the risk of karst and other rock abnormalities identified by geophysical studies of construction sites.
- Geological data collection, geophysical and laboratory studies of rocks and soils
- Ground water behavior analysis and impact mitigation
- Development of foundation protection efforts
Architectural and Design Simulation
Being confident in foundation strength helps to make the best possible decisions when designing structural concepts of the building, to calculate load-bearing capacity of its walls, columns and partitions without any extra safety margin, i.e. overspending. A digital counterpart of a facility allows for avoiding suboptimal decisions as to utilities systems design and subsequent excessive costs of their maintenance.
- Conceptual simulation and cost analysis (value engineering)
- Simulation of structures, facades and roofs, layout planning
- Utilities simulation
Mathematical substantiation of adopted technical solutions is a key component of engineering. Their improvement depends on how comprehensive and parametrically related a calculation model is. We make all calculations based on a single information model transferred to some particular calculation program end-to-end.
- Energy performance, lighting intensity and wind resistance calculations
- Fire safety and sustainability calculations
- Crowd flow and traffic calculations
The created digital BIM 5D-model of a facility enables INTERTEST and customer professionals to save by improving engineering solutions, to plan and monitor spending at all project management stages, from designing to operation.
- Value engineering
- Construction budget cost monitoring
- Tender preparation
INTERTEST professionals’ project management via a BIM model allows for planning construction (timing & scheduling) of the entire building and its construction stages, with the required cooperation of all contractors and suppliers of equipment and construction materials.
- Project management enhancement and construction schedule improvement
- Construction progress and volume monitoring
- Issue of assignments and work orders to construction units
High quality designing and construction of a facility requires just 15% of the total cost of its lifecycle, operation accounts for the rest. INTERTEST offers the information model based real estate management service. An operator receives a visual tool for monitoring all technical, value and human parameters. The operational environment is combined with all probes and sensors, including CCTVs and security systems, thus helping to save costs on the resources consumed by the building, ensuring visitors’ comfortable stay in the building by maintaining the most appropriate parameters in the premises, and preventing emergencies in the building.
- Introduction and setting of the digital operation model (FM system)
- Staff training in handling the digital operation model
- Technical support and updates
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT COMPANY
When implementing a complex modern construction investment project, it is critical to integrate efforts of all of its participants and to delve into the process design continuum. Besides addressing these objectives, a new-type construction management company ensures implementation of the best solutions for all project life cycle stages, including its operation. When managing a construction project, INTERTEST either provides this comprehensive service or fulfills one of the following functions.
In General Designer capacity, INTERTEST will perform a full range of facilities design and simulation works using BIM technology.
- Development of a model and appropriate designs and estimates for the Design and Working Documentation stages
- Preparation for the appraisal
- In addition, preparation of the model for the Construction life cycle stage
TURNKEY CONTRACTOR IN INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION
Services of a turnkey contractor in construction, reconstruction, and overhauling of industrial enterprises, in particular under EPC and EPCM contracts
Construction management in the developer’s interests
- Obtaining all necessary initial PLAs
- Engineering surveys
- Drafting design documents
- Construction monitoring (technical supervision)
- Ensuring facility commissioning
The Company offers industrial engineering of new facilities, reconstruction, retrofitting and upgrading of existing industrial enterprises, including defense ones. All types of necessary utilities systems are designed.
Project re-designing and customization Engineering surveys
- Engineering and technical surveys of constructible surfaces
- Engineering and technical surveys of structural units of buildings and structures
Electric power industry
- Designing of 0.4-220 kV and higher voltage open and closed type electric substations
- Designing of 0.4-220 kV power grids
- Designing cable structures (collectors, micro tunnels, chambers)
Thermal power industry
- Boiler room designing
- Heating unit designing
- Heating line designing (collectors, chambers)
- External water supply system designing
- External water discharge system designing
- Local treatment system designing
- Designing of optic fiber transmission lines
- Designing of broadband wireless access systems
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Preparation of information resources, selection of software and professionals, project structuring etc. are critical for launching a new project in BIM. So if a company launches such a project for the first time it lacks experience in securing the proper project preparation and it is reasonable to order consulting services to prepare the project.
Software and hardware selection, drafting information requirements to the project, information simulation plan development, and advice on the necessary information systems are part of BIM consulting.
- Assessing participants in the project implemented under BIM technology
If the Customer looks for designers, in particular the Turnkey Contractor, for designing and simulation purposes, the Customer will have to produce specific requirements to job seekers to make sure they are able to handle BIM technology.
- Drafting information requirements to the project implemented under BIM technology
- Assessing of how promising the participants are, based on the requirements drafted
- Headhunting and assistance in selection of contractors (Assessing Participants in the Project Implemented under BIM Technology service)
- Project structure elaboration and adjustment
- Additionally: BIM model quality control is carried out, and all necessary coordination materials are drafted for the Customer and the Turnkey Contractor
BIM PROJECT COORDINATION
BIM Contractor services are in high demand of a company that implements a BIM technology based project for the first time, or if it is not reasonable to employ full-time staff of BIM professionals. In this case, it would be appropriate to outsource the project coordination (as part of BIM) to contractors. Accordingly, BIM Contractor is to coordinate the project by its own efforts.
- Arranging for and holding of conferences/ work meetings where various coordination content (models, reports, diagrams etc.) is presented
- Assistance to the Customer’s and contractors’ employees in making technical, coordination and managerial decisions based on the 3D model
- The project coordination includes BIM model compilation and updating, drafting of assignments and documents for tenders, and the final collision check
- Brief training of all contractors to make sure the data to be released by them conform to the Customer’s information requirements
- Additionally: development of presentation models, visualizations
- Additionally: creation of any auxiliary models (to simulate installation scenarios/ methods etc.)
- Additionally: the construction model elaboration, to account for the construction progress and volumes (the construction model differs from the design one by the construction site management method)
- Additionally: involvement in construction supervision – collection of report forms (KS6) and accounting for them in the model; estimates and budget execution monitoring
- Additionally: if the Customer intends to implement BIM technology based projects on its own in future, a series of efforts is taken for smooth familiarization of the Customer’s professionals with independent project coordination
Outsourcing of simulation services (2D in 3D, construction model development, volume and timing monitoring) is offered to the Customer, if the Customer lacks own resources to implement a BIM technology based project. For instance: hiring of additional professionals for an unusually large project is not advisable, the project or some project stages/ parts may be partially outsourced. The information requirements to the project are elaborated by the Customer itself.
To provide this service, the Customer describes the work to be performed. With this information, INTERTEST determines how many and what professionals are required to fulfill the work.
INTERTEST renders advisory services in construction project management, cutting down investment costs, and reviewing efficiency of project solutions.
Our professionals will carry out detailed elaboration of all business processes that may influence the project progress and propose the world’s best managerial practices for cost saving, improved flexibility and transparency to implement this particular project.
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL AUDIT AND MONITORING
In 2002, INTERTEST Holding became the first Russian company to offer financial and technical audit and credit monitoring services for investment and construction projects to western and Russian banks.
Our professionals help to determine the return on investments, to review and assess the current project progress, to examine the budget, to identify and assess potential risks, to delve into and improve the work and project financing schedules.
INTERTEST suggests introducing the cutting-edge IT technologies for project support purposes, thus creating the single information project-related field for the bank, the customer and other participants. The results will be the real-time picture, timely alarm in case of problems, prompt response to and assessment of deviations, and the project progress forecasting.
PROCESS AND PRICE AUDIT
The process and price audit (PPA) is intended to assess whether or not the project is feasible, the selected technologies are suitable, the estimates conform to the market prices, to identify risks, and see to the intended use of money.
The process and price audit of investment projects may be implemented at the following stages:-
– Pre-Designing Stage: PPA enables to assess the project for economic and process feasibility of investments into construction, the project scope and timing;
– Designing Stage: PPA allows for assessing process, architectural, design and engineering solutions for suitability and efficiency, data sufficiency, for assessing estimates for conformity to average market prices for equipment and materials;
– Construction Stage: audit of intended spending of funds allocated for the investment project construction; monitoring of the timing and scope fulfilled.
PROJECT FEASIBILITY STUDY
The feasibility studies held at the earliest project stage are normally preliminary studies carried out for large-scale and complex projects.
The principal feasibility study goals are:-
– to confirm the project is feasible;
– to identify potential project scenarios, taking into account territorial, process, legal and economic dimensions;
– to discover potential project-related risks;
– to lay the groundwork for subsequent elaboration of design documents, such as the business plan, the project schedule and budget.
Properly elaborated project feasibility studies would help to avoid unnecessary expenses and risks when implementing the project, to forecast the construction deadlines and cost with precision and reliability.
INVESTMENT PROJECT COST ANALYSIS
The investment project cost analysis makes it possible to find out and eliminate unacceptable expenses while improving the project quality.
Cost analysis is the most effective at the early investment project stages when the planned project solutions, applied technologies and materials can be analyzed in depth.
If applied, the cost analysis enables the project implementation within the schedule and the budget while fully meeting the Customer expectations defined earlier.
PROJECT SOLUTION ASSESSMENT AND IMPROVEMENT
Assessing efficiency of project solutions is their in-depth and comprehensive elaboration, both technologically and economically. This allows for the project cost cutting and acceleration while preserving or even improving quality of the project being implemented.